Inga's Indulgence


Monday, August 8, 2011

Quench It!


Real thirst is not a state of mind, but cravings for sugary, nutrient-free drinks may be just that.

Tired of constantly diluting concentrated, sugar-laden drinks with water in an attempt to avoid excess sugar and calories, I set out to create my own beverage. This beverage was to be as beneficial and replenishing to the body as good ole H2O, but less blah. Similarly, I needed something to keep up with my baby's evolving tastebuds and inevitable need for color and sugar. So I turned to the most natural source I could find - fruit.

Fruit Water

4 quarts cold water
1 cup strawberries, hulled & diced
1 grannysmith apple, peeled & diced
1 cup dried blueberries
1 cup dried cherries

Place everything into a large pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Once cool, you may transfer to a pitcher and chill in the refrigerator.





(yield: 1 gallon)

No comments:

Post a Comment