Inga's Indulgence


Monday, August 22, 2011

Operation "I'm gonna eat like a king"

It's good to love yourself. That's why treating yourself on occasion is totally permissable.

I happen to be the type of gal that would rather splurge on exotic ingredients and kitchenware than on Louboutins, but that's just me. So this morning I made myself a breakfast sandwich that one could only hope to be served as their last meal. Check it out:

Toast with Caviar & Quail Eggs





































(yield: 1 serving)

1 slice whole wheat or rye bread, lightly toasted
1 tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream
1/2 tbsp black caviar
1/2 tsp red onion, finely chopped
1 quail egg, hard boiled & sliced
truffle oil (optional)

Spread toast with creme fraiche, followed by caviar. Top with onions, quail egg slices, and a tiny drizzle of truffle oil.

I was forced to split my decadent creation with Zelli. Who knew that a one-year-old could have such an expensive palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment