Inga's Indulgence


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Anti-recipe


This is not a recipe. It was breakfast for me this morning, and it was so incredibly beautiful that I feel compelled to share it with you.

You know when you eat something, and it's so perfect that it makes you feel like things couldn't be any better (at least for a split second)? This was that moment for me, and it happened after I married three simple ingredients in a bowl.

Two minutes in the microwave was what it took to simultaneously make some quick cooking, old-fashioned oatmeal and a blueberry compote. For the "compote," I combined a small handful of blueberres, a tiny splash of water and a pinch of sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Their time in the microwave, punctured the blueberries, releasing a gorgeous, deep purple sauce. I topped my hot oatmeal with  a cool dollop of fresh ricotta, and ladled on the punctured blueberries.

Who knew that breakfast could be so sexy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This looks like a dessert. So scrumptious yet so nourishing. Yummy all around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet simplicity.. Looks so good and a great way to start your day

    ReplyDelete