Inga's Indulgence


Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pancakes in the PM



Personally, I can eat breakfast for all meals of the day. There's something inherently optimistic about it. Breakfast inspires feelings of beginning and airiness. So when I had myself a stack of pancakes for dinner yesterday, any end-of-the-day heaviness I may have had was magically erased by my flapjacks.

Of course I had my pancakes with the works - berries, butter, maple syrup. You know, for sustenance. It was dinnertime...

Blueberry Pancakes
(yield: 2 servings, about 8 pancakes)

1/2 cup milk
6 oz blueberry yogurt
2 tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
butter, for greasing
1 cup blueberries
 
Whisk milk, yogurt, melted butter, and egg together in a medium bowl.
 
In a separate large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, whisking well so that there are no lumps.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just to combine.

Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat, and grease with a little bit of butter. Ladle the pancake batter i
nto the  pan to form medium pancakes, and sprinkle each with a few blueberries. Once bubbles begin to form along the edges, flip the pancakes,  about 2-3 minutes. Continue to cook on other side for another 2 minutes, until pancakes are set and golden brown. Serve with maple syrup, or whatever your heart desires.

Turns out, I'm not the only one fond of pancakes at any hour. Zelli enthusiastically participated in clearing off my plate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment