Inga's Indulgence


Monday, March 7, 2011

Lazy Eats

One of my all-time favorite things to make is hummus. It's easy, but still noteworthy, and it 's a good base for any flavors your imagination may have in store.

My husband brought home the most amazing bread today from a Georgian bakery, and naturally I needed something to dip it into, and quick. So I threw a handful of items into my handy dandy food-processor, and before I knew it I had fresh sun-dried tomato and roasted garlic hummus, a.k.a, my excuse to eat bread all day.


Sun dried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Hummus

1 head garlic
1,15 oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed & drained
1 1/2 tbsp tahini
4-5 sun dried tomatoes
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 oz olive oil
2 oz water
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1. Using a serrated knife, slice off about 1/2 inch from the top of the garlic head, drizzle with a little bit of oil (olive, canola, or vegetable), wrap tightly in aluminum foil, and place into a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

2. Once garlic is done, and has cooled slightly, squeeze head to release all of the softened cloves. Add to food processor, along with remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. If necessary, adjust consistency of the hummus with more water.

3. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Grab your bread, and start dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment