Inga's Indulgence


Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby gourmet: In a Scramble!

I felt like a bad mother today. Running errands all day, time escaped me. Before I knew it, it was time for Zelli's lunch, and I had nothing.

Without child, an empty fridge was no biggie. Living off of oatmeal and crackers was an all too common theme for this busy and tired chef (plus if it meant I could shed a few, I was all for it). But since Zelli started eating solids, he's grown accustomed to eating fresh, healthy meals, and I've grown accustomed to making them on a daily basis.

As the lunchtime tune began (which goes a little something like this - "Umm..ummm..ummmmamamamam!!!), I sprinted to the refrigerator, blindly grabbed whatever was in arm's length, and made a dash for the stove. And now what? Luckily, one of the items I was skillfully balancing with my elbow was a vegetable. Zucchini, eggs, ricotta...well I'll be it, a gourmet meal in minutes. I think I'll call it a scramble.

Zucchini Scramble
(yield: 2 servings)

1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium zucchini
, peeled and grated
1 small clove garlic, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup ricotta cheese

Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add zucchini and garlic. Cook, stirring,  5-6 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients, and cook for another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment